Anyone get lignumCAD to run in core 3?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 10 00:55:21 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 19:28, david walcroft wrote:
>j wrote:
>> LignumCAD is a furniture CAD program from freshmeat and
>> sourceforge. I get an error message about the default application
>> font being either Type 1 or TrueType. I have both installed. The
>> message says to run qtconfig 3.0, but I have 3.3.3. The program is
>> from a rpm dated 2003 so it would probably work if I recompiled
>> the code. The rpm wants /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig which doesn't
>> exist on my machine. I just wondered if anyone has had any luck
>> with the program. It looks like the author had originally put lots
>> of work into it, then ...
>> thanks,
>> jeff hilson
>
>I tried it late last year,but it could never config well enough to
> run the program,it is'nt maintained any more AFAIK and seemed to be
> built for RH9/FC1.
>
>   david

I just ran it on an FC2 system, with a 2.6.11-rc3-RT-V0.7.38-06
kernel.  I didn't see any problems.  Like you, I was hopeing it would
get more developement, like for mortise and tenon joints and such.
But sadly, no further progress seems to have been made since 0.2.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)