Linux && Win2k

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 19:35:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:13:12 -0600, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT)
<stymar at lucent.com> wrote:
> Since it was mentioned that these machines were
> at a workplace, it is likely that the windows 2000
> machine is part of a domain.  You will need to add
> the samba machine to the Windows domain.  You can
> check this in the /var/log/samba/smbd.log.  You will
> see messages about "NO MACHINE ACCOUNT".

Plus, I could never make it work without changing my iptables to let
the traffic through the firewall.

su -
(Give root pass)
$ vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT