Need help tweaking /proc/sys/vm/* files - FC3/SELinux/udev

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 00:57:18 UTC 2005

Paul M. Bucalo wrote:
> My research so far on the Web shows references
> to /usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt, but this doesn't
> exist in my environment. I suspect because I don't have the kernel
> source installed. I have none of the kernel documents I should have. Can
> someone point me to an on-line source for how to configure these files,
> or give me some pointers/settings that have turned out better for a low-
> processing-power desktop or laptop? I'm just not finding much on my
> own.

Can't help you much there: I'm getting on fine with only 32 MB more than
what you've got. But you might like to bookmark
http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.6/10/Documentation/index.html , which
contains the kernel documentation for 2.6.10.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | In the Royal Air Force a landing's OK,
Exeter    Devon    UK | If the pilot gets out and can still walk away.