[OT] winXP bug with FC3 LVM

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Fri Feb 11 02:27:20 UTC 2005

Giulio Sorrentino wrote:
> Dale Sykora wrote:
>
>> I thought I would post this here as it appears related to FC3
>> (although it appears a winXP bug) and this may be useful to some.  If
>> you have a system with FC3 and LVM and then you try to boot and
>> install winXP, the winXP setup will lockup with a blank screen after
>> the "Setup inspecting ..." message.  If you reboot with Linux, delete
>> the partitions, and reboot with winXP, winXP setup works normally.
>

> It's sound similar to hard disk's geometry bug: I've read of people that
> had it even with FC3.
> Try to check partition's geometry next time.

Giulio,
	I'm not sure what the root cause is, but I have noticed this on 2
systems.  One is an amd64 MSI K8N Neo 2 with 160GB sata drives.  The
other system is a p4 HP tc2120 with 18GB scsi drives.  Because of this
variety of hardware, I suspect it is just a winXP bug that shows up when
an LVM partition is found.

Thanks,

Dale