Mounting old linux harddisk as slave under FC3?

Matt Considine matt at considine.net
Sat Feb 12 09:48:33 UTC 2005

Hi,
I've got FC3 running (relatively) smoothly on an 8G
harddisk.  I would like to take the harddisk it replaced
and set it up as the slave, with the idea of trying to
retrieve old email, etc.

The correct jumpers have been set and I used "e2label" to
change the old label of "/boot" to "/oldboot" to avoid
a conflict with FC3.

While it shows up under the Hardware Browser as /hdb1 and
/hdb2, it does not show up under the Disk Management
applet for mounting.

Can someone describe or point me to a description of what
I need to do to try to get my old partitions automatically
mounted?  I checked the archives and Google, but most of
what I find relates to setting up a new disk and using
fdisk/DiskDruid/etc.

Thanks in advance,
Matt