installing Xine

Jared Buck JBuck814366460 at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 12:49:27 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 04:36 +0100, iurodivii wrote:
> okay, so i downloaded my tarball and unrolled it with the tar xfvz command... but now when i go to the directory i just created xine-lib-1.0 and try to run ./configure the terminal runs thru a buch of "checking this...checking that..." and at the end it returns the following error:
>
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in path
>
> i'm running commands per the tutorial http://xinehq.de/index.php/faq#BUILDING
>
> of course i will keep searching for answers but i thought i'd try here since i've had great results with this community.
>
> thanks and happy hacking!
> Chris
>

> --
> This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org

Get yourself a copy of GCC (which is the standard compiler for Linux).
Without a compiler, your programs won't compile worth a d**n.

Pick up a copy here http://gcc.gnu.org/.  I'm not sure exactly where the
binaries for GCC are in this site, but they're around somewhere.  Try
checking the CVS repository for the site.

Jared