How do I activate my floppy disk controller?

Juan Pablo Claude jpclaude at charter.net
Sun Feb 13 02:51:54 UTC 2005

Hello:

	I seem to have my floppy disk controller (fdc) disabled. I have no
floppy devices listed on the /dev directory, nor can I find any IRQ or
I/O port assigned to it. I have tried to find a reference to it in the
/sys directory without any luck. I have read the
linux-2.6.9/Documentation/pnp.txt file, but it has not helped. It seems
to be dated, as it talks about the "driverfs", which I assume is now
the "sysfs" or /sys directory.

	Can anyone help me out? Oh, I am running Fedora Core 3.

Thanks,

Juan-Pablo Claude

P.S. I actually have no floppy drive connected to it, but a TR-3 tape
drive. You can refer to my earlier question "Ftape on FC3", postet this
morning.