Media Players

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 05:44:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:33:27 -0500, Chet Ranaweera
<ckranaweera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Can anyone recommend me good software to play media files such as mpeg in linux
>
> --

Got to the Fedora Faq here:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/

It has instructions on grabbing players for different media types
including mp3s and plugins for your browser including ones that will
play movies off the web.

My favorite for the web stuff is the mplayer-plugin but I really like
the gnome desktop so when I launch something from my local hard drive
I want an application called totem-xine which really inegrates well
with my desktop.