[akonstam: Re: mounting zip disk]

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Feb 13 14:51:33 UTC 2005

----- Forwarded message from akonstam -----

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:47:28 -0600
From: akonstam
Subject: Re: mounting zip disk
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 03:42:07PM -0800, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> When I put a zip disk in the drive and use the "Mount" command I get
> from the right mouse button applied to the zip disk icon on my KDE
> desktop I get the error message: "mount /dev/hdd4 is not a valid block
> device.  Please check that the disk is entered correctly."
>
> What does this message mean and how can I get this zip disk mounted?  (I
> don't care if the solution involves losing data on the zip disk.)
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Jerry
>My experience is that zip drives mount from  /dev/sda4

Sorry, you are obviously talking about an internal zip drive and I
answered about an external zip drive.

What happens when you cut back the jungle?  It recedes.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200

telephone: (210)-999-7484
email:akonstam at trinity.edu

----- End forwarded message -----

Laws of Serendipity:
	(1) In order to discover anything, you must be looking for something.
	(2) If you wish to make an improved product, you must already
	    be engaged in making an inferior one.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University