FC3 traffic can't get thru firewall

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Sun Feb 13 17:21:09 UTC 2005

C. Linus Hicks wrote:

>"... the traffic hit the public side of the firewall." Agreed. But this
>does not agree with your assertion in the first paragraph where you say
>"... it can't seem to pass any traffic thru an existing firewall."

What I meant by "thru the firewall" was successfully hitting a target
past the firewall. Probably a poor choice of words on my part. Yes the
traffic gets thru the firewall from private to public, but then doesn't
seem to get from public to anywhere else.

>Have you run a tcpdump of the traffic between the firewall and the FC3
>machine? And compare that to one that works?

No I haven't - good suggestion.

>You didn't say anything about the state of the firewall on the FC3 box.
>Is it enabled? What rules?

No firewall on the FC3 box.

--
Bill Gradwohl