Modem is not detected

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 13 00:59:16 UTC 2005

Kumara wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> I have physically installed an Intel ambient 5628 data/voice/fax modem
> in my FC3 box
>
> when I try to make an internet (dial-up) connection, the wizard says
> that 'there is no modem installed in my system.
>
> but it works well in XP side of dual boot.
>
> how could I solve this problem?

Your modem maybe is a so-called WinModem, if you must use it go to
http://www.linmodems.org/ to look for info. To make your life easier,
use external modem or, buy a real modem such as US Robotic 56k pci,
around US$35 to 45 in US, Linux can auto detect it and all you have to
do is just to set-up the dial-up software like wvdial or kppp - very
easy to use.