FC3 traffic can't get thru firewall

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Sun Feb 13 18:03:58 UTC 2005

Added information:

The admin @ the site had an FC2 box available and it is showing the
identical problem. Works fine internally, but anything that hits the
firewall, which is the default route, doesn't appear to make it past the
public nic on the firewall.

On this FC2 box, tcp ecn and window scaling are off, as is ipv6.

The site is 80 miles from me, so I've been trying to ssh in to the site
to run diagnostics. I'd hate to drive all that way to hook up a box on
the public side to tcpdump things. My ssh sessions are getting in the
way when I try to dump all the traffic since the ssh sessions themselves
are a positive feedback loop thats generating nuisance traffic which
obscures the picture.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com