Grub loading stage2 error

Perran (bongo) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sun Feb 13 18:21:19 UTC 2005

I've just installed FC3 on hdb1 and I've got XP on hda1.
On the first reboot (and a couple that followed) the following comes up on screen and then just sits there:

GRUB Loading stage2...

I've had a look around a few forums and everyone keeps suggesting booting from the second installation disk or typing in this, that or the other. But it tries to load Grub before trying to boot from the CD drive even though I've got the CD drive infront of the HD in the boot order.

I'm an utter rookie with all this, so I have no idea what information is needed to work out what's going on. Be gentle with me...

Thank you.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org