Linux sucks?

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Sun Feb 13 23:43:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 18:36, Kunal Shah wrote:
> For Microsoft, they have policy, if it's the problem of Microsoft, they wont
> charge you. If its problem of your application, they will charge you
> heavily.
>
> As I said, we could never go in production with Linux.

this thread has really reminded me that i'm glad i'm out of that
industry. for a long time i wrote Linux content for TechRepublic and
CNET and the entire time had to fight to keep Linux alive with those
above me. it was these same types of arguments that caused me headache
after headache. why? because those in the positions that make the
decisions tend to be absolutely clueless what really and truly works.
what they want, instead, are SLAs ROIs and various certificates and
promises that often don't come through anyway.

instead they should be leaving these decisions to those they hired to
work in the trenches in the first place. maybe if they did that their
would be far less problems with microsoft because then microsoft would
find themselves struggling for an audience and the Linux vendors would
find themselves growing and growing.

i know it's off topic but i wanted to share.

--
jack wallen, jr
(mailto: jlwallen at monkeypantz.net)