gtk2+

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 05:57:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:23:25 -0700, Ian Johnson <norules at telus.net> wrote:
> I am trying to install some programs but get errors when running
> configure - saying the gtk+-2 versions >= 2.4 are requires.  Fedora Core
> 3 uses version 1.2.
>
> Is it possible to upgrade to the 2.x version?  If so would it be
> incredibly foolhardy to do so? And what version of GTK+ will FC4
> include.

This error is something of a red herring.

Do this at the comand line:

rpm -qa | grep gtk

I am betting dollars to doughnuts you got gtk 2.8,0- something.

So why the error?

You did not install the development headers for gtk.  Its ok.

I believe all you have to do is run this as root:

yum install gtk2-devel

Now the fun part is that might not be all you are missing and you
might have to do this multiple times to get all the devel packages
needed to compile the source you are using.