Slow update

Sam Williams sam at mbz.org
Mon Feb 14 20:45:13 UTC 2005

Thanks Rahul and Rick.

Canceled and restarted, chopping out many packages but it's still slow.

I'm using up2date and Ctrl-C doesn't seem to reestablish a mirror
connection.

I'm slogging along at 2 kB/sec (my network reports 1.3M download speed).
Maybe I need to change a setting somewhere so Fedora knows it isn't on a
phone modem.  Didn't want to adjust anything until I knew I was on current
versions--or maybe that isn't important.

At this rate, I should be up and running by end of the week.

Cheers,

Sam