Caching

Kumara kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Tue Feb 15 01:26:45 UTC 2005

Hi List,
My requirements are,
1. i have a DSL connection which shared with 15 people. a Linksys Router/Gateway does its job and additionally act as the DHCP sever for my network.

2. Everyday around 7.30 pm-8.00pm my network is very slow. sometimes (when it happens) i ping to the ISP. and get the round trip 3900ms also, and some packet drops.

3. I think if i could install a chaching server in my network, the shared Internet connection may not be much busier. i can leave a box dedicated for this purpose. but, still i'm not sure setting up it. (wholely)

4. i want a DHCP, chaching, speed, network bandwidth, (many of my client are XP, a few with FC3)

*. could somebody consider my resources and give me a solution?
*. I insist you, please tell me your experience about it. i hope many replies, even with very small advice.

Thank you in advance
Mohan