Marvell 802.11g wireless driver?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 04:31:55 UTC 2005

I'm in the process of setting up a new system using a ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe
motherboard.  Have sorted out how to get the gigabit ethernet working
and am figuring out how to use LVM.

One item that is still not resolved is getting the on board wireless
interface working.  Best I can tell it is using a Marvell chip set.  I
have not been able to find any kind of driver support for this chip
set.

Trying to figure out if the linuxant driverloader will work or if
ndiswrapper will do the trick.

lspci lists what I believe is the wireless adapter as:

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.: Unknown
Device 1fa7 (rev 07)

The gigabit ethernet controller is:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvel Technology Group Ltd. Marvell Yukon
88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter (rev 15)

That one is currently working with the latest driver.

Searched the web for anyone that has used this chip set with linux and
have not found much that is useful.

Anyone have any additional ideas on getting this to work?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

That money talks,