Gui for Wifi

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 13:16:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 05:07, Neil Marjoram wrote:
> Has anyone got a decent Gui for Wifi that an ordinary (windows) user can
> use?
>
> I have tried kwifimanager and it doesn't seem to work too well,
> particuarly with channel selection.

Nothing that is very good.  With FC3 I have started using
NetworkManager.  Of course if you need to change your WEP key you must
use the System Tools --> Configuration Editor to modify that if you want
to use a GUI type tool.  You can edit it using vi but that is not what
you wanted.

As to selecting channels the only way other than direct editing of files
that I have found is via the regular network GUI tool.

Hopefully NetworkManager will improve dramatically over the next release
or two.  It has great promise but needs some additional features and
work.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Gordon's Law:
	If you think you have the solution, the question was poorly phrased.