Kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Wed Feb 16 00:09:02 UTC 2005

I downloaded the 2.6.10-1.14_FC2 kernel today and promptly rebooted to
give it a spin.

My system froze up fairly quickly and then repeated that performance on
reboot.  The only way I was able to recover control of the system in
both instances was through pushing Reset on the box.

On the first occurence, I had stepped away from the machine for several
minutes and returned to discover a screensaver pattern on the screen
with system completely unresponsive to mouse and keyboard.

On the second occurence, I stepped away for a few minutes and returned
to find a dialogue box displayed on the desktop advising that the volume
control applet had died suddenly and asking if I wanted to restart it.
I selected "No".  Within seconds the Gnome panel at the bottom of the
screen disappeared and the system was unresponsive to mouse and keyboard.

Is anyone else experiencing this system behavior with the new kernel?