Problem with Up2Date

Lokeey lokeey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 18:02:12 UTC 2005

this happened to me several times. i then decided to run it late at
night and it worked just fine. now instead of doing all updates at
once, i did several at a time. the reason being was because it would
hang. when i did it 3-4 at a time, it worked just fine. try doing a
couple at a time. not more than 3-4 and see if it works.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:54:36 -0500, Tim Holmes <tholmes at mcaschool.net> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am experiencing a problem using the Up2Date utility in our Fedora Core
> 2 Boxes.  When I build a new box, and want to apply the latest updates,
> I log in as the root, and tell the UP2Date utility to go check for the
> latest updates, then I select the desired updates, and tell it to begin
> processing.  It goes out and searches the different sites, and returns a
> message that it is solving RPM dependancies.  At that point the process
> hangs up,  my new web server has been sitting like that for 18 hours.  I
> am kind of at a loss as to what to do.  I can deploy the box without the
> updates, as I have done this on a couple other boxes, but I would rather
> avoid this, and I would like to get the other boxes working right also.
> Yesterday, I built a new development web server, and the updates went
> perfectly, but the web server sitting right next to it wont.  I'm kinda
> baffled as to whats going on here.  The boxes are all Pentium 4 ht boxes
> running aroun 256 + megs of memory with 30 to 500 gb of hdd space.  All
> are on the exact same network, behind the same firewall, None of them
> have the Fedora firewall activated.  I have been unable to find any
> solutions in searching the man pages or the web (although it is quite
> possible that i have missed them.)  I suspect a solution would be to
> deploy FC3, but I havent had time to evaluate that version yet, and I'm
> a bit hesitant to depoly in a prodction environment without suitable
> testing first.
>
> Thanks for your time and your help
>
> TIM
> Tim Holmes