modprobe.conf entries for ISA sound card

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 00:31:24 UTC 2005

I'm upgrading my wife's PC from a 600 MHz EPIA-based system to a 900MHz
"screamer" with an old Tyan S1854 motherboard.  This board has a single
ISA slot, which allows me to use my even older Sound Blaster 16.  Since
system-config-soundcard doesn't support hardware this old, I have to
add the appropriate entries to modprobe.conf manually.  I've figured out
the parameters that I need to pass to snd-sb16, to it's just a matter of
getting everything to happen "automagically".

Does anyone know what I need to put in modprobe.conf?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net