USB2 memory stick failing to mount

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Thu Feb 17 05:47:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 11:42 -0600, Satish Balay wrote:
> Workarround is to disable usb-2 [and use only usb-1]

Satish,

I bought an ADS Tech USB Turbo 2.0 cardbus adapter for my ThinkPad to
give it two USB2.0 ports. It works fine under FC3, but can't draw enough
power from the cardbus interface to drive two thumb drives at the same
time. A minor inconvenience cost for a major performance improvement.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov