Totally Peeved-Fedora3 Upfrade Errors

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Thu Feb 17 05:59:07 UTC 2005

Hi All,

truly annoyed with this distro. Here is my situation. I attempted CD
based upgrade from 2 to 3 just b4. Got to a certain package, which gave
the following error, ttfonts-ja-1.2-36 cannot be opened-missing/corrupt
file/package-corrupt CD media/drive can't read media(paraphrased
message)

Press to try again

This just continually popped after, after clicking OK x amount of times.
So, without a "SKIP" option, I had no choice(that I could clearly see),
but to remove the CD media and either try again, or, just boot into my
original install(or so I thought). What have I been left with..? A mixed
install(or very limited install/upgrade to 3..since I was still only at
CD 2 when this happened). Now, I ask, why no skip option so I can
continue the install.? Truly appalling, indeed. I can't even get my head
around what my options may be here. Try again, picking up where the
upgrade left off. Trashing it and doing a complete re-install. Trashing
Fedora all-together, and going with another distro. Thoroughly annoyed
at this, but, need to refocus and get myself out of it. What would you
recommend here.? I'm at a loss. I'm trying to be calm, and rational,
but, it's tough. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.