MS USB Wireless Desktop

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Thu Feb 17 15:38:55 UTC 2005

ddanc1984-linux at yahoo.com wrote:

> Is there any way to enable USB support in GRUB so that my wireless
> keyboard and mouse function?  It just seems goofy to have to connect a
> regular keyboard just to hit a key to open the boot menu if I want to
> boot XP.  I have no problem with the wireless stuff once everything is
> loaded.

I believe Grub relies on what the BIOS provides, so you may need to
enable it in the BIOS settings.  "Legacy USB" on some models.

If you need further assistance you might want to state details of your
PC model and wireless keyboard model to see if someone has experience
with that hardware.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021