Copying from HPFS

Mark Healey marklist at healeyonline.com
Fri Feb 18 06:53:47 UTC 2005

James McKenzie wrote:
> Mark Healey wrote:
>
>> As I continue my migration from OS/2 (Yes, that OS/2) I'm preparing to
>> move my mp3s to the linux drive.  The main question is will they use
>> the files real name or the .LONGNAME stored in the EAs.
>>
> You could should be able to use either the Short Name or the Long Name
> format.

I think you are confusing 8.3 vs long file names.  When I
refer to .LONGNAME, I mean the EA where the filename is
stored when the user wants to use some otherwise illegal
characters in a file name, such as "!".

 From what I've been able to find it looks like I will only
be able to get the actual filename and not the .LONGNAME.

>> I really wish someone would clone the WPS to linux.  It's the best
>> graphical shell ever.
>>
> Amen to that!  Beats Gnome or KDE.  It is one thing I miss from OS/2.

I think I'm going to miss EPM the most.   For me it is the
perfect balance between power and usability in a text editor.

Of course IBM could release the source.

--
Mark Healey
marklist at healeyonline.com