Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0, Fails to Retrieve Mail

Jason Powers powers.jason at jimmy.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 19 01:52:17 UTC 2005

This behavior is not platform-dependent. For whatever reason, every once
in a while "get mail" just sort of hangs there for a bit. 90% of the
time, I just go to another folder  and come back and that's it, the
other 10% it crashes and I have to delete the local cache of headers and
reload them. Sorry I don't have more info, there, just that it happens
on Windows, Solaris, and Linux.

Weirdly, the old supposedly replaced netscape 4.7 code had the same
problem (plus many, many others)

Jason