RH9 to Fedora

Georg E Schneider (gschneider) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sat Feb 19 13:55:34 UTC 2005

Even RH 7.3 to FC 1 worked for me well. Ok if you make such upgrades few things will always be to do, but the hardest uprgrade I took was RH 8 to FC2. After upgrading ther was so much to do that I reinstalled the whole thing, so it was a new install from fedora core 3.
But I was I was not happy with a yum uprade from FC2 to FC3 (including 3rd party repos),
in the rpm-database a lot of packages was duplicated. Even here I preferd later a new install.

Georg E Schneider

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org