Installation question

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Sat Feb 19 15:12:35 UTC 2005

Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am about to install FC3 on 50 wks in company. I'd like to do this by
> using one server (allready running FC3) with DVD reader so I can read
> FC3 dvd and use it as the source for the install (wks don't have dvd
> reader, only cdrom). The reason for using dvd is to make multiple
> installations at one time.

I would copy the DVD on to the server, replace the packages with
all the updates (you might want to take a look at the perl script
in ftp://ftp.crc.dk/pub/fedora/update/) and export the FC3 tree
via NFS.

Consider using a kickstart file to set up the workstations, if they
are more or less identical.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk