problem with gamin-0.0.24-1 and removable media.

Vincenzo Ciancia vincenzo_yahoo_addressguard-gmane at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 21 14:28:08 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Since i've upgraded to the new version of gamin,
>> A "gamin_server" monitor the mount point of my USB stick
>> and i have to kill it to be able to umount it.
>>
>> Do you experience the same ?
>>

> I believe there is already a bug report filed in bugzilla.redhat.com.
> however any additional information you provide as comments there might
> prove useful

Hi, I have the same problem, but I never had it with another machine running
fedora. May this be related to recent updates? Anyway, who is starting the
gamin process? I bet it's libfam. How can I disable this behaviour - it's
really annoying, every time I open a removable media in KDE I have to open
a terminal and kill the gamin process - any workaround is appreciated.

Thanks

Vincenzo

--
Please note that I do not read the e-mail address used in the from field but
I read vincenzo_ml at yahoo dot it