KVM and MOUSE problems

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Feb 21 20:05:55 UTC 2005

Hi Folks -- I saw a post similar to this, and I guess I need some help

I have a Microsoft trackball (PS2) attached to my belkin 4 port kvm --
the switch has 3 windows boxes and one FC2 Box on it.  Whenever I switch
to the FC2 box the mouse goes nuts -- opening windows and menus, jumping
erratically etc.  If I restart the fc2 box while on that port it works
fine till I switch away and come back.  I have tried resetting the mouse
services, as well as setting the mouse to a generic 2 button serial
mouse as was suggested, but I am not having any success.

I could really use some ideas as this is an annoyance

TIM

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster
Medina Christian Academy