[FC3] Sending Mail In a PHP script

Petar Nedyalkov bu at orbitel.bg
Tue Feb 22 11:13:33 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 13:08, Øyvind Lode wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a website running on a FC3 server.
> On this website I have created a "Contact us" form were people can
> register their name, email and the message and when they click send
> there is a PHP script which sends a email to me.
>
> The problem is that I don't get any mail when I and others test this
> contact form.
> I'm no PHP guru at all but the person created this script said that it
> work fine and the only thing to do is change the email address in the
> script to the one you want to use.
> I have done that but no mail.
>
> Then I thought it could be that mail function in PHP is not enabled?
> I don't have a SMTP server configured on the server, but of cource
> sendmail is there anyway dealing whith internal server messages.
>
> I checked /etc/php.ini and as far as I understand this conf file PHP
> mail is enabled, but again I'm no PHP man at all.
>
> Any ideas why it doesn't work?

If the hostname of the machine is the same with the hostname of the email
you're trying to send to - then the system tries to find a local user
matching the recipient and if not found it puts the mail into the dead.letter
file.

Check google for more details.

--

Cyberly yours,
Petar Nedyalkov

PGP ID: 7AE45436
PGP Public Key: http://bu.orbitel.bg/pgp/bu.asc
PGP Fingerprint: 7923 8D52 B145 02E8 6F63 8BDA 2D3F 7C0B 7AE4 5436