Difficulty getting a large disk mounted

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Tue Feb 22 15:54:33 UTC 2005

mconsidine at netreach.net wrote:
The hardware brower recognizes this as

> Sorry for creating any confusion.
>
> The drive has data on it that I want to move over to the FC3
> system already installed.  The data is in a Windows
> filesystem
> structure and I don't want to have to put it into another
> system, boot it, hook it up to the LAN, etc.  I just want to
> get the existing FC3 system to recognize it so that I can
> pull
> the large files off that I need.  Once that is accomplished,
> repartitioning it using and ext2 or ext3 filesystem would be
> perfectly fine.
>
> Imagine the situation as this : you've got a perfectly well-
> running FC3 installation.  Now you need more diskspace.
> Someone
> hands you a harddisk that had Win98 and it's filestructure
> on
> it.  The disk was formatted (apparently) using EZ-Drive.
> You
> are welcome to reformat the disk, but only after copying a
> number of files over to the FC3 installation.
>
> That's as clear as I can make the situation.
>
> TIA,
> Matt

According to installations instructions I found for EZ-Drive, you cannot use
a EZ-Drive formatted disk with anything but Windows. From the partition
table you showed earlier that would seem to be the case. /dev/hdd1 shows as
FAT32 and may be ok, but the rest of the partition table doesn't make a lot
of sense.

What do you get if you run 'fdisk -l /dev/hdd' from a command line?

--
Nigel Wade