FC2 and Kernel 2.6.10-1.14

Mike Sutton Mike.Sutton at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 23 13:43:57 UTC 2005

Hello,

I recently tried to upgrade the kernel on my FC2 computer to the latest
version, which happened to be 2.6.10-1.14.  I used up2date to download
and install the new kernel.  When I rebooted and chose the new kernel,
the system hung and would not boot.  I have attached the output captured
in /var/log/messages, which points to modprobe as the culprit.  I did a
search on the WWW for information pertaining to the sound_slot_1 error,
but I didn't find a fix.  The other troubling issue is that I have had
FC2 on that machine for several months, and this is the first time I
have run into a kernel problem.  What changed in 2.6.10-1.14?

Thanks,
ms