Throttling http on localhost to simulate dial-up connection

Jim Higson jh at 333.org
Wed Feb 23 19:02:03 UTC 2005

I'm using FC2 for web development at the moment, with Apache running on my
localhost.

The problem is that connecting to localhost is ultra-fast doesn't give a
realistic impression of the speed of the pages I create.

I've done some googling and seen there are modules called mod_bandwidth and
mod_throttle, but don't know what the difference between them is, nor how to
use them with Red Hat/Fedora Linux.

Can anyone suggest what I should do next? Ideally I would like to know which
module to use, if it is included with Fedora's httpd and some pointers on
configuring it.

Thanks,
--
Jim