Fedora- redhat Linux

Giulio Sorrentino numerone.fedora at wooow.it
Thu Feb 24 00:11:39 UTC 2005

Kaushik Chauhan wrote:

>I AM VERY NEW AT Fedora/Redhat Linux
>I have installed both on my PC successfully.
>I would now like to write C++ and java applications and i am not sure
>how i go about doing this.
>Can you help, or guide me to some documentation please  ?
>
>I have spent a lot of money on the hardware and a lot of time on the
>software installation and i am quite impressed at he simplicity of it
>all and would like to use Linux kernal as well ( OF WHICH I HAVE NO
>KNOWLEDGE )
>
>So basically, I NEED AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO ALL THE ABOVE !!
>
>Can you please help me ?
>
>Kaushik Chauhan

For c++ fedora includes a complete set of tools: if you use gnome
there's anjuta, if you use kde there's kdevelop (yum install anjuta or
yum install kdevelop).
The compiler is gcc.
For java fedora offers no support except command line compiler (gcc-java).
As already suggested the best IDE for java is eclipse.

--
numerone