Mplayer

Giulio Sorrentino numerone.fedora at wooow.it
Thu Feb 24 00:32:10 UTC 2005

Kumara wrote:

>I installed it (Mplayer & its dependencies) but I don't know how to open it,
>it is not in multimedia folder in programs like Xine why?, if I select a
>folder that has audio or video files I can see mplayer icon on them but can
>not run mplayer. any idea?
>Mohan

For running a program, you have to tell to kernel to load and execute a
binary file.
According to LSB specification, the binary files are in /bin, /sbin/,
usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin.
So you simply have to look at all files in that rpm for finding the
binary files.
For doing this you should use rpm -ql mplayer | grep bin, and then open
it from shell or the execute command gui in your desktop enviroment.

--
numerone