FC3: Gimp printing

dpet dpet at internode.on.net
Thu Feb 24 02:43:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 03:53 -0500, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 Feb 2005 00:33, dpet wrote:
> >  I have gimp-2.2.3 and gimp-print-4.2.7-2 and cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.8.5
> > installed. I can't print any image on the Epson C82. It seems a
> print
> > file is produced, but is soon marked "completed" with no action from
> the
> > printer.  It prints OK from general print file requests. Can anyone
> > point me to my error here?
> > DP
>

> I used to have one of these printers.  And had the same problem.  I
> seem to
> remember the fix was to select a driver other than the default driver
> offered
> by the printer configuration tool ... in the drop down list on the
> page in
> the tool where you select the driver, I think it offers gimp-ijs as
> the
> default driver, and I was forced to select one of the other options.
> --
	Thanks for your reply, Tony. One way or another it helped me find a
solution.  While trying "other options", I realised that the printers I
saw under the Cups system (Firefox localhost:631) were not the same as
those I had from "printconf-gui". Also I installed gimp-print-cups,
although it didn't seem to do much for me in itself.
	I deleted the lot and started again with the cups system, and things
seem to work. So I guess I failed to understand that I was using two
systems of print, or failing to use, more to the point.
	Sorry if this is a bit vague, but perhaps it will help someone else!
Thanks again
DP