Broadcom drivers works in rescue, but not regular boot....

Wolfgang Gill wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Thu Feb 24 04:35:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:21:26 -0500 (EST), Peter Teuben wrote
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Michael Schmidt wrote:
>
> > Have you looked to see if your using the same kernel version that the
> > cdrom uses?  Also have you tried installing the latest kernel?
>
> yes, sadly all exactly the same in rescue and normall installed version.
> Then upgraded to the latest (2.6.10-1.766), but that also didn't
> make a difference (i believe the tg3 driver was the same version).
> Also tried a few things like without acpi,but nogo.  so,still stuck.
>
> I might be some magic incantation of insmod, but i doubt that
> anaconda controls things that closely. So, i suspect it's something
> already running on this laptop that makes an insmod fail on tg3.
>
> peter

Have you tried downloading the new drivers directly from Broadcom??

http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

When compiled and installed, you need to change the driver name from tg3 to
bcm57xx (Most probably bcm5700) in your modules.conf (Or modprobe.conf in the
case of FC3).

I've have a Broadcom 5700 series card in this system (onboard one) and it
works fine with the Broadcom downloaded ones.

Hope this helps.

Wolf