first time Fedora for me, any tips?

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Thu Feb 24 20:12:03 UTC 2005

Hi Joe,

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 19:59 +0000, Joe Casual wrote:
> pace). I've downloaded the Fedora ISO's (4 of them) and burned them to CD's.
> The problem is, the first ISO is not bootable. Is there another ISO I need
> to download, which is bootable?

Welcome.

If you browse the cd's, do you see files and directories or one iso
file?  you want files and directories.

Sounds like you have burned _copies_ of the isos instead of burning them
as _images_.  Most cd burning software will be able to create an iso
image [or similar sounding language], which is what you need to create
the disks [yep, all 4].

Which .iso files have you downloaded ?  [make sure they are not SRPMS].
You'll want these:
FC3-i386-disc1.iso
FC3-i386-disc2.iso
FC3-i386-disc2.iso