first time Fedora for me, any tips?

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Fri Feb 25 01:02:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 23:51 +0000, Joe Casual wrote:
> I did download the SRPMS ISO's. I'm downloading the other 4 ISO's
> (FC3-i386-disc1.iso, etc.). Can you tell me the difference between the

SRPMS = Source code [not binary] RPMS
RPMS = regular binary applications [packaged into an RPM for easy
install /what have you.]

[RPM = Red Hat Package Manager]

>  i386 iso's and the ones with SRPMS in the file name? I'm using the
> latest version of nero to produce the cd's from the iso. Will disk 1
> boot from a bootable cd?

Yes, disc 1 should boot if burned correctly.

Good Luck and write again if you encounter any more trouble, you're
gonna love Fedora and linux :)

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>

PS>>Please don't top post. it makes it harder to follow the flow of
conversation, and is considered a little impolite :)