[RESOLVED ]Re: mplayer installation problem

Mustapha Boussellam bayrouni at brutele.be
Fri Feb 25 10:49:02 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>
>> Paul Howarth wrote:
>> ..
>>
>>> According to the big red box near the top of
>>> http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html, anyone using livna.repo
>>> also needs to use the fedora.us repo.
>>

>> If you follow the link in that big red box you
>> come to a new box saying: Don't do this in FC3 :-)
>

> So it does. Strange then that since the OP was already using
> "fedora-extra-repo" (sic) the requisite libraries weren't found.
>
> Mustapha, is your file for the fedora extras repository called
> "fedora-extra-repo" or "fedora-extra.repo"? It should be the latter.
> If renaming doesn't fix the problem, please post the contents of your
> fedora-extra.repo file.
>
> Paul.

Thanks to Paul and kjaer.

My repo was named fedora-extra-repo.
I changed it to fedora-extra.repo and updated the headers with yum
update, then i installed mplayer with these 2 libraries dependencies.

I think, there is no more need to use fedora.us (to work with livna).
fedora.us was replaced by fedora-extra.

Is this correct?