YUM problems at Dag's repo

Jeff Trefftzs trefftzs at tcsn.net
Fri Feb 25 19:27:31 UTC 2005

Hi all -

I have yum-2.1.11-3 running on a FC3 system.  Yum has been working fine
with the redhat repos.  Today I tried to add dag's repo to
my /etc/yum.repos.d directory.

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repo
[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag

I also (as root) ran

sudo rpm --import http://rh-
mirror.linux.iastate.edu/pub/dag/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

The right keys seem to be there, with the right signature.

But now when I do:

[jeff at thoth ~]$ sudo yum -y install galeon

I get this result:

Setting up Install Process
Setting up Repo:  dag
repomd.xml                100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:01
Setting up Repo:  base
repomd.xml                100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
Setting up Repo:  updates-released
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 290 kB
02:05
http://apt.sw.be/fedora/3/en/i386/dag/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno
-1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from dag: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

Two questions:  (1) What am I doing wrong?  and (2) How should I fix it?

I have tried this a couple of times, using different mirrors for dag's
site (most recently the U of Iowa North American mirror) but always with
the same result.

Thanks for your help.

--

Jeff Trefftzs