Black Screen After YUM Update Revisited:

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Sat Feb 26 19:59:31 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I previously posted about a problem with a black screen with Fedora 2
after updating via yum. Unfortunately, on Knoppix, where I've been
coming to you from, I've lost access to my mail app, hence starting a
new thread. Following on from the posts by some that it may be related
to my graphic card drivers, nVidia, I installed another card that I had
here @ home, ATI Radeon 7500, but, I still get the same, a black screen
and where it continually changes back and forth to a text based login,
which disappears to quickly for me to actually login. I also went and
did a yum update through the recovery cd process, but no luck there,
either. Someone mentioned posting some ouput from certain files, but, as
I can't access the previous mail, can't know what it was. Paul Howarth,
I'n confident you were one who asked for such things. Would you be so
kind as to tell me again what it was.? Cheers, and again, sorry for what
may seem as a double posting of the same problem.

Mark Sargent.