understanding userspace includes

cfk cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 27 20:22:28 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 12:00, Deron Meranda wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:27:17 -0800, cfk <cfk at pacbell.net> wrote:
> > I have a program I am trying to understand. It #includes usb.h which I
> > can find in /usr/include. I can go to /usr/lib and find libusb.a which I
> > can run ar and nm on.

> > So, where do I go to find the appropriate C source code for a library
> > in /usr/lib that is included by an include from /usr/include in Fedora
> > Core?
>
> It's not part of the kernel.  You need to libusb source code.  Here's the
> process to figure it out...
>
> # rpm -qf /usr/lib/libusb.a
> libusb-devel-0.1.8-3
>
> # rpm -qi libusb-devel-0.1.8-3
> Source RPM: libusb-0.1.8-3.src.rpm
>
> Then download the src.rpm file from your favorite mirror (or grab it off
> the source code CDs).
>
> # rpm -iv libusb-0.1.8-3.src.rpm
> # rpmbuild -v -bp /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/libusb.spec
>
> And the source file you're looking for (already patched) is
>    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/libusb-0.1.8/usb.c
>
> --
> Deron Meranda

Dear Deron:
 I did this, it works, I can actually read usb.c now. I also found
in /usr/share/doc there was a directory created by the original
libusb-devel-0.1.8.i386.rpm that contains both a manual.ps and an html
directory with some additional useful breadcrumbs and between the two of
these, I think I can move forward.

 Thank you very much. Charles Krinke