Need help creating CDs that will pass mediacheck

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Mon Feb 28 02:29:40 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 18:10 -0800, Dan Trobridge wrote:
> Pulled binary ISO's using torrent and all passed md5sum.
> I have created several copies of the ISO's using Nero 6 and have tried
> several different combos to burn.  According to what i have read it
> should be as simple as <Record-Burn Image-(Select Image)-Check
> Finalize CD-Burn.  None have past linux mediacheck yet.
> disc1 fails with "...glibc-common-2.3.3-74 cannot be found."

While I don't recall ever seeing that particular message, many good
discs fail the media check [known issue].  Go figure. I'd try installing
from the 'suspect' cds. If you have really burned .iso images [and not
copies], I bet they work.  Esp if you used bittorrent :)

YMMV,

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>