winetools2.1.1 can't locate xdialog 2.1.2-1

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 12:43:29 UTC 2005

Duncan,
My prior comments are all based on an experience yesterday that closely
resembled yours.  I had used winetools-2.1.0 to setup wine and was
having difficulty getting anything to run.  Windows install programs
appeared to run just fine but then wine could not find them so I decided
to wipe out everything I had installed up to that point and start over.
A Winetools-2.1.1 rpm had become available in the interim so I used it
instead of 2.1.0. with the result that "wt" could not be found.

Looking in /usr/local/winetools and /usr/local/bin, I found files that
were not present after installation of 2.1.0.  For one thing,
/usr/local/winetools contains a tarball.  For another, /usr/local/bin
contains a file "wt2" instead of the "wt" found after installation of
winetools-2.1.0.