long wait for log out window

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Mon Feb 28 14:30:34 UTC 2005

>Hello there!
>>
>> Since a while (since 2.6.10-1.766_FC3???) I have noticed that when I
>> choose 'Log Out' from the window in Gnome (running on FC3 x86-64, fully
>> updated) it takes a very long time before the actual window (where you
>> can choose either to logout, halt or restart the system) appears. I'm
>> talking several minutes here, and during that time I can also choose
>> nothing from the menu, but for the rest the system works without a
>> fault. Top says the system is pretty much idle, so it's not a
>> performance problem.
>> Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known bug?
>>
>> Kind regards, Angelo
>>
>> --
>>
>> I have the same problem in FC3,
>

>what I do there is, I get the shut down screen but wait for a few seconds
>(10 seconds)  prior to issuing shut down, reboot or log out,
>at this time, I see hard disk led is lit continuously,
>then, press "ok" button, following this rule, I can shut down my system
>within one minute.
>this is my issue and the remedy I found.
>Mohan

Hi Mohan!

My problem is different from yours. It takes several minutes for the
dialog even to show up, so before I can choose shutdown, reboot or logout.

Kind regards, Angelo

This email and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please immediately notify us by email or telephone and
delete the original email and attachments without using, disseminating or
reproducing its contents to anyone other than the intended recipient. The
azM shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
email or any attachments, nor for unauthorized use by its employees.