Dell Inspiron 510m

str tux str.tux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:48:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:41:44 -0600 (CST), Satish Balay
<balay at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, str tux wrote:
>
> > 01:03.0 Network controller: Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter (rev 04)
>
> Ok - you have the intel wireless 'b' chipset - and fedora [updated]
> kernels already have the driver for this device.
>
> Satish

Thanks Satish. Yes I got the 2.6.10-1.766_FC3 kernel. But when my
notebook starts you can see error in loading my interface card;
similar error occurs when you reload it.

Here's a sample output:

[root at Agila ~]# /etc/init.d/network restart
Shutting down interface eth0:                              [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
Setting network parameters:                                [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:                                [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth1:  ipw2100 device eth1 does not seem to be
present, delaying initialization.
                                                           [FAILED]

Hope you can guide me further.

Thank you very much.