FC 3 -- Ready for Production Deploymnet??

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Feb 28 16:38:17 UTC 2005

Good Morning Folks:

I have just finished loading my first FC3 box, and the updates are
running right now.  I will be testing this box for a period of time, but
what I am wondering is if FC3 is ready for production deployment at this
point, or if I should wait for a further period of development.  We are
mostly a windows shop, and my normal time table is to not deploy an
operating system until it has gone through the first service pack
update, but there are exceptions to this rule.  I am newer to using
Fedora and I don't have a good time table established for deployment.  I
have 2 webservers (apache) a database server (MySQL) and a file server
(samba) currently deployed, as well as a Nagios box, one running cacti
and one that will be shortly getting mailman

Your insights and thoughts would be appreciated

TIM

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster
Medina Christian Academy